2D array digital and multispectral imaging
IMELDA is a solid state pixel readout ASIC with a 16 x 16 array of 500 μm x 500 μm pixels with 8 energy bins per channel.
IMELDA is suitable for high resolution, high dynamic range industrial or medical x-ray imaging. High contrast can be achieved through photon counting. Materials information can be extracted through the use of multiple energy bins.
- 2 × 106 counts/second per channel count rate capability
- 200 keV and 600 keV input energy ranges
- 16 bit counter dynamic range
- Comparator thresholds, gains and offsets are digitally adjustable
- Externally adjustable, 100 ns to 2 μs pulse decay time
- User-controlled test signal input and analog monitor output for testing purposes
- Input loading capacitance optimized for 0.5 pF
- Frame readout (all counters stop, longer dead time)
- Raster readout (only the counters in the channel being read stop, shorter dead time)
- Readout can be limited to fewer than eight counters per channel and to any (contiguous) range of channels, to reduce dead time
- All I/O pads located on one side to simplify tiling
- 1 W nominal power consumption